And what companies got our attention this October?
- Andys Pharmeceuticals – Great investment, great product, good location.
- Apture – They're involved in a technical partership with Scribd that shows promise.
- Asus – Not just a crush object, their tablets look promising.
- AOL – Because, look, seriously. They're up to something.
- BNI – Raised $16 Million.
- Brightcove – A new CEO and a bunch of investment makes them resume-worthy.
- Buddy Media – $23 million in funding is worth making this social media company your buddy.
- Care.com – $20 million in funding, a family service rating system, and a prime domain.
- CyberSports – Raised $6.8 million and has an interesting business model.
- Eventbrite – They raised $20 million, but I'm also positive on their business model.
- Exelixis – They got a nice amount of VC and are in the bay area.
- Kabam – They're on a roll.
- InfraReDx – Got $21 million and works in the area of coronary imaging.
- Intel – Spending on factory upgrades - and of course whatever they're doing with MacAfee may be resume-worthy.
- MBA Polymers – $32 million in investment and helping the environment!
- Nimbuzz – Quietly growing, in Silicon Valley, and competing with Skype.
- PlayFirst – They have hit games and got $9.2 million in investment.
- Samsung – Look, just follow the news.
- SeatGeek – They've got a good niche (ticket deals for events) and a deal with the Wall Street Journal.
- Study Blue – They raised $3.65 and are in the area of online study tools. Have an interesting pricing plan as well. Intriguing enough you may want to check them out.
- Research In Motion – They appear to be up to something tablet wise, and they're stock is up.
- TubeMogul – $10 Million in investment.
- Twitter – They're on a hiring spree. They're also not going anywhere.
- VeeBeam – Award winning and got $6 million in investment.
- It appears a lot of money is flowing in Seattle and Massachucetts (y'know, beyond IBM buying everything).
- A list of the 100 most innovative cities for your consideration.
Now go forth!